Welcome to MAPJ!
The Manhattan Alliance for Peace and Justice will educate and organize for peace and social justice at home and abroad. We believe this requires more equal access to wealth and well-being for all members of our community and nation, a world community based on peaceful conflict resolution, freedom from economic exploitation, universal human rights, and cooperation among nations for the preservation of our planet’s environment.
MAPJ has been working for the causes of justice and peace since 1992. We have sponsored educational programs and political action on national and international issues. These include living wages, racial justice, climate change, G.I. rights, Palestinian sovereignty, support for undocumented members of the Manhattan community, and opposition to American military and economic domination of peoples in Latin America and the Middle East.
Empowering our Community
MAPJ works in coalition with churches, community groups, residents, faculty and students to empower individuals to chose a life grounded in peace and justice.
As an organization we:
- Mobilize actions and demonstrations
- Advance progressive causes through education and outreach
- Sponsor speakers and freethinkers
- Host community planning and building events
As an alliance we provide local social movements with:
- Political networks through advisory and
- Peace and justice training
- Newsletter and website services
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status